Community What: Community meeting on The Arc Montana. The Arc wants to hear what is important to you and your family as well as visit about what we have to offer individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
When: Saturday November 23rd, 11:00am- noon.
Where: Bozeman Public Library small meeting room
Why: You are the experts-let’s educate legislators so that we can move from being legislated about to becoming equal partners and leaders in governing.
Who: People with IDD, family members, and other interested people.
For more information contact Mary Caferro at 406-461-2384 email@example.com
The Arc promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and actively supports their full inclusion and participation in the community throughout their lifetimes.
Billings to host The Arc Montana Conference Self-advocates, families, legal experts and entrepreneurs will be among the speakers at The Arc Montana Conference Oct. 17 and 18 at the Hilton Garden Inn in Billings. The event will also feature the state’s first-ever Sproutflix Film Festival. Organizers hope the conference will become an annual event, bringing together people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, their families and those who teach and support them. “The goals for the conference are to provide good information for people who have intellectual disabilities and their family members,” said Mary Caferro, The Arc Montana coordinator. “Equally important is that the conference is led by people with disabilities and their family members so they have an opportunity to hear from one another on what they believe they need in order to be successful in life.” Montanans won’t want to miss the line up of engaging speakers, informative sessions and special events.
- Isaac Baldry, pictured with his mother, Theresa, delivered the keynote address
- Ashley Paris helps stuff bags and sort flyers at The Arc Montana Conference.
- Molly Gardiner, Jacquie Peterson and Dee Dee Eberle helped staff the registration table at The Arc Montana Conference
- Mikayla and Sabrina Wisher participated in a panel discussion on civic engagement.
- Sign language interpreter Samantha Jo Oie with Dee Dee Eberle, director, Chapter Organizing & Advocacy for The Arc.
- Tracy Remmick (left) and Lily Hatch of Creative Magnetic Artists of Billings.