Summer is the season for BBQs, and you can be grill the star of your own backyard. Follow the Backyard Burgers recipe, and they’ll keep coming back for more!
Prep and cook times 30 min · Makes 4
• 1 lb ground beef
• 4 hamburger buns
• 4 slices of cheese
• 4 lettuce leaves
• 4 slices of onion
• 4 slices of tomato
• Salt and pepper
• Olive oil
You will need
Gas grill, grill pan or charcoal grill (firing the coals will take an extra 30-45 minutes), metal spatula, sharp cutting knife and cutting board.
1. For extra juicy burgers, choose ground beef that is at least 18 percent fat.
2. Divide meat into four equal portions and gently form patties.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides before putting the burgers on the grill.
4. Set your gas grill to high or heat the charcoal until it is glowing bright orange with ash.
5. Brush the burgers with oil and grill until golden brown and slightly charred. Cook three minutes.
6. Flip the burgers and cook until golden brown and slightly charred, four minutes for medium rare.
7. Add cheese at about 3 minutes, cover the burgers with tin foil or a lid to melt the cheese.
8. Place burger between two buns and serve immediately with preferred toppings.
Make your burgers gourmet
Spice it up!
Add jalapenos, pepper jack cheese or salsa
Cool it down!
Add avocado, tzatziki sauce or blue cheese
Ham it up!
Add hickory smoked bacon with cheddar cheese
Slide it on!
Form mini burgers and serve with mini buns