This braided calzone recipe calls for all the classics: pepperoni, ham, salami, mozzarella. Oh, don’t forget the marinara!
- 6 oz pre-made pizza dough
- Olive oil
- 4 slices ham
- 5 slices salami
- 14 slices pepperoni
- 3 slices provolone
- 5 sprigs fresh basil
- 8 pepperoncinis
- Mozzarella cheese
- Oregano (optional)
- Marinara for dipping
You will need:
Rolling pin, cutting board, sharp knife, baking pan, pizza cutter.
Calzone Quick Tip:
Order fresh dough from your local pizza place, or ask your grocery store to stock premade pizza dough.
1. Lightly flour dough, rolling pin and surface and begin rolling dough.
2. Roll dough into a thin rectangle about 11 x 20 inches, continuously flipping and flouring surfaces.
3. Trim the excess dough creating a rectangle.
4. Begin layering by drizzling oil on the trimmed dough.
5. Layer 4 slices of ham, 5 slices of salami and 14 slices of pepperoni down the center.
6. Continue layering with provolone, mozzarella, chopped pepperoncini and chopped basil.
7. Cut one-inch strips on both sides of the filling. Make sure they line up on both sides.
8. Fold the top and then alternate left and right strips. Fold the bottom.
9. Finish the calzone by drizzling olive oil and sprinkling oregano.
10. Bake calzone at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden brown.