Savory Breaded Chicken
This easy savory breaded chicken recipe is a favorite that everyone is sure to love! Our chef, Dan, likes to serve the it with potatoes, baked or mashed. Add your choice of a green vegetable, like spinach or broccoli.
Prep and cook time 1 hour at 350 degrees · 5 servings
• 10 chicken legs (you can use thighs, wings or breasts too but you will have to adjust the cooking time.)
• 4 c bread crumbs
• 1/3 c vegetable oil
• 1 Tablespoon salt
• 1 Tablespoon paprika
• 1 Tablespoon celery salt
• 1 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
• 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1/2 teaspoon minced onion
• 1 pinch dried basil
• 1 pinch dried parsley
• 1/2 teaspoon oregano
You will need
Large plastic bag, measuring spoons, measuring cups, large baking pan and rubber gloves (optional).
1. Pour the bread crumbs into a one-gallon plastic bag.
2. Pour vegetable oil into the bag with the bread crumbs.
3. Measure spices and place each into the bag with crumbs and oil.
4. Seal the plastic bag and mix the crumbs, oil and spices shaking them together.
5. Place chicken in the bag. Use chicken legs or substitute with chicken thighs.
6. Coat each piece of chicken with the bread crumb mixture and place them in a large baking pan.
7. Place chicken in a preheated oven at 400 degrees. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes.
8. Remove from oven once chicken juices are clear. Serve with your choice of vegetables and potatoes.