A hearty chicken noodle soup hits the spot on those chilly days. You’re sure to love this easy recipe to fulfill your comfort food cravings.
Prep and cook time 3 hours · Makes 20
- 5 lb whole chicken
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 carrots
- 3-4 celery ribs
- 1 medium onion
- 14 chicken boullion cubes
- 14 cups of water
- 16 oz wide egg noodles
You will need
6 quart pot and lid, chopping board, chopping knife, shallow dish.
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper inside the cavity and outside. Place it in a 6-quart pot.
2. Add 12 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer.
3. Chop the carrots, celery and onions. Add them to the simmering pot.
4. Add 14 chicken boullion cubes. Choose your favorite brand.
5. Simmer for 90 minutes partially covered. Remove chicken from the pot.
6. Let the chicken sit in a shallow dish until it’s cool enough to handle, about 20-30 minutes.
7. Once cooled, pull the dark and light meat from the bones and shred into bite-sized pieces.
8. Return shredded chicken to the pot. Bring to a boil. Add the noodles to the pot. Cook until they are tender, about 10-12 minutes.
Serve in a deep bowl with bread or rolls on the side.