Ron likes meatloaf night to be casual, serving it on paper plates for quick cleanup. Oh, don’t forget the ketchup or barbecue sauce!
Prep and cook time 1.5 hours · 10 Servings
• 6 lbs ground beef
• 4 eggs
• 4-6 sweet peppers or 2 green bell peppers, chopped
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 sleeve of Saltine or Ritz crackers
• 1 1/2 cups BBQ sauce
• Salt and pepper, to taste
You will need
Large bowl, measuring cups, large baking pan, cutting board, knife and rubber gloves (optional).
1. Place beef into a large bowl. Crack and drop eggs into the bowl with thte beef.
2. Crush the sleeve of crackers. Pour them into the bowl with meat and eggs.
3. Hand mix beef, eggs and crackers together.
4. Place chopped peppers, onions, salt, pepper and barbeque sauce in the bowl. 5. Hand mix peppers, onions, barbeque sauce and seasoning.
6. Transfer to a large baking pan. Flatten until it fills the entire pan.
7. Cover with tin foil. Place in the oven at 400 degrees. Bake for 1 hour.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve in squares with vegetable on the side.
Meet the Chef
Ron Ford grew up on a farm in northwestern Montana with three brothers and one sister. Ron enjoyed cooking with his mom growing up. They often cooked meatloaf together. Its was a hit whenever they cooked it. “My mom didn’t have a recipe, she just put it together,” Ron said.